Successful CVs NZ is a professional CV writing company that was established in 2009, following on from the success of Successful Resumes Australia which was launched in 1992. Initially our team of writers were trained by Australian experts but we went on to develop our expertise in the New Zealand job market.
We take pride in delivering high-quality services and to ensure this we carefully select our writers and provide them with thorough training and quality checks before they start working with clients. We also regularly monitor the quality of our services to ensure that our clients are satisfied with the outcomes. Our relationships with recruitment consultants and employers mean we are up-to-date with the latest recruitment trends and employer requirements, for example by ensuring that CVs will perform well with applicant tracking software used in the industry.
Our personalised approach means we take into consideration each client’s individual requirements and unique selling points, and tailor our services to meet their needs. As a New Zealand-based company, we are well-versed in the requirements of recruiters and employers in the local job market. Our writers live in New Zealand and have professional experience working for local employers.
At Successful CVs NZ, our mission is to help job seekers achieve their career goals by providing them with professional CV writing services that are both informative and effective. We believe that a well-written CV or resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile can make all the difference in a job search, ensuring that you to stand out from the crowd secure the job you desire.
Frequently Asked Questions
Writing a resume for yourself can be challenging. You may find it hard to be both concise and comprehensive. You may not have a good understanding of appropriate formatting which ensures your resume will comply with the requirements of Applicant Tracking Systems. You may find it challenging to ensure your CV is keyword rich so you can be shortlisted. The real benefit of a Successful CVs writer is their knowledge, experience and their care. They will help you think differently and focus on your achievements.
We could talk about our extensive experience from being in the business for 27 years, launching in New Zealand 13 years ago, or the thousands of CVs and resumes we have already written that have led to interviews and job offers but the simple truth is, we care. Our single goal is to help you get the job you want and we’re good at it. Visit our writers pages to read the testimonials our CV experts have received.
As a general guideline, you will receive the first draft of your CV within three business days. If you are in a rush, we can prioritise your document for a shorter turnaround using our network of writers
Our prices vary depending the stage of your career and how much work is involved in creating your CV. A mid-level CV can take around five hours of work, and hourly rates start at $75 per hour.
As independent writers, our team will offer customised packages from time to time – contact your local writer for details.
Absolutely. We provide you with an editable Word document, and encourage you to update your CV even when you are not actively looking for work. If you write down your accomplishments as they happen, you’ll be much better positioned when you decide to look for a new role. Of course, if you want some help with updates, you can always come back to us.
Your CV and cover letters will be e-mailed to you in Microsoft Word and PDF format.
Cover letters are a great way to demonstrate alignment between your skills and experience and your interest in the employer and their role. Employers want candidates who have chosen them. Your cover letter is your opportunity to tell the employer why you would like to work for them and what you have to offer. Many employers simply don’t shortlist applications without cover letters.
Creating a LinkedIn profile that attracts attention isn’t as simple as copying and pasting your CV into LinkedIn. Generally, CVs are written in a neutral voice, while LinkedIn profiles are written in the first person. Our writers understand how to maximise your key words and write powerful headlines so you can be found by potential employers and make network connections.
We accept bank transfers, credit/debit cards and cash if meeting face to face. Some writers also accept Bitcoin.
Visit our International Offices
Code of Ethics
Members of Successful CVs agree:
- To accurately and fairly advertise products, services and business qualifications according to commonly recognised and accepted business practices and laws.
- To remain sensitive to individual client needs and be compassionate in providing advice, products and services to meet the client’s specific objectives.
- To provide materials and services that will enhance the client’s abilities to achieve their goals without regard to race, gender, religion, age or disability.
- To deliver the services and products promised to the client and be truthful in the provision of information in all aspects of CV, letter and selection criteria writing.
- To never knowingly include information in a client’s CV that is untrue or is likely to provide a false impression to an employer or recruiter.
- To stay informed on the latest CV and employment trends, as well as current market and hiring trends that could affect the client’s job seeking endeavours, using our best personal endeavours, through the media and through our professional networks.
- To deliver the highest professional standards so that the resume writing and job search skills consulting sector will be seen as an ethical profession as a whole.
- To maintain strict confidentiality with every client, using or disclosing personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected.
- To make appropriate third party referral when areas of skill and competency, required by the client, are outside the member’s professional capacity to deliver. For example in areas such as Career Counselling and Interview Coaching.
© Successful CVs NZ Limited, 2023